top of page

Home  >  Temporary Immigration  >  Visitors Visa

Visitors visa (Temporary Resident Visa)

This is an official document that gets stick in your passport. It shows that you meet the requirements needed to enter Canada.


You may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. The entry document you need depends on:

  • the type of travel document you plan to travel with

  • the country that issued your travel document

  • your nationality

  • your method of travel to Canada for this trip

Most travelers need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You may also need one if you’re transiting through a Canadian airport on your way to your final destination.


Most visitors will be allowed to stay in Canada for up to 6 months unless the officer at the border services has indicated differently.

For  information:


To find out if you need a visitors visa:


For information regarding the eTA:

bottom of page